Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Eff-You Summer

So I've finally sussed out all of my summer plans, and I just thought I'd list them here so that a) Everybody can know what I'm up to, and b) I can brag. Because this summer is going to be awesome beyond belief. Here's why:

1) I get back from Jordan in mid-May, just in time to see Lucas graduate and start work on my summer research. I'm getting paid $3200 from Pomona this year to help one of my favorite professors research the constitutionality of the filibuster. It may be nerdy, but I do actually enjoy this stuff and I get to work from home so it's really great.

2) After two and a half weeks of research/relaxing, I'm going to Europe for three weeks during the World Cup with Zack Mirman, Dan Holleb, and Sam Littleton. We're going to London, Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, and Spain, and we've scheduled it so we'll see at least one game in each of those countries. Needless to say, I'm more excited for this than I am to come back to the US and see Kick-Ass in theaters.



3) When I get back from Europe, I've got more research to do but also my old job waiting tables at Abel's Lobster Pound, home of $35 lobster and some of the best people around. I'll be making bank and enjoying Bar Harbor in the summertime.

4) During the last two weeks of summer, I'm planning a cross-country road trip so I can have my car in Claremont for senior year. Don't know where we'll be stopping yet besides Chicago and Vegas, but I'm open to ideas.

Anyway, I still have a lot of time in Jordan, but now that everything's pretty concrete I figured I should put it on paper just to convince myself that I'm really going to do all of this. Tomorrow we're headed off to southern Jordan (Aqaba, Petra, and Wadi Rum) so I should have some good pictures and stories from that trip to tell sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment